Within a short span of establishment, Ambika College Of Nursing embarked upon its mission of preparing nursing code is to serve the needy. Ambika is synonymous to the star that bestous health, strength, education and immortality. It is a unique conglomesation of eminent scholars from the field of medicine and education who support a high distant vision.
Ambika College of nursing is one of the best, well equip pied institute. It is widely recognized for its excellence in the field of nursing. The society is affiliated to B.F.U.H.S and recognized by Indian Nursing Council, government of Punjab and Punjab Nurses and Registration Council.
By introducing the new learning process and with the help of special lectures given by experts on various topics of nursing and health, we educate our nursing students to challenge the nursing field as worthy professionals. At Ambika College Of Nursing, students are provided comprehensive education both theoretical and practical designed to sharpen critical thinking skills stimulate scientific enquiry, develop effective practice and cultivate quality of compassion and caring. Fully integrating theoretical learning with clinical experiences within a caring environment.
A stint at Ambika College Of Nursing will be a perfect launching pad to a bright nursing career with multiply option.
2003 was the year when this society / trust by the name of AMBIKA PARSAD PANDEY EDUCATION & RESARCH FIUNDATION MOHALI was formed. The main objective in forming this trust/society was to provide health education and health related facilities to all the needy individuals of our society. The other objective in forming this trust was to bring the youth of Punjab in main stream for the overall development of this border state. For the better functioning of an educational institute so as the produce good citizens by providing them better education in a healthy and congenial atmosphere.
AMBIKA COLLLEGE OF NURSING is the most sought after & pioneering institutions of BABA FARID UNIVERSITY OF HELATH SCIENCES, FARIDKOT.AMBIKA COLLEGE OF NURSING has been standing tall in the mute testimony of district Mohali since 2004 founded by Managing Trustee, Ambika Parshad Pandey Education & Research Foundation in the memory of his late grandfather Ambika Prasad Pandey who a renouned educationist of his time, to meet the cultural & education need of the region. Since its inception the college has maintained the pace of steady growth & expansion.
Managing Trustee & Vibha Pandey ,Managing Director Of Ambika College of Nursing had a very perspective of becoming academically responsive to the requirement of the Indian Society & Commercial establishment .It has sent for itself a goal of flair for innovation & capacity for adapting to the changing corporate sceneries. The college draws its strength from highly Qulified & experience faculty.
The well built superior & efficiently maintained infrastructure fortifies the efficacy of the college. The in campus amenities & faculties for the students teaching & administrative staff have been place in the college. An airy lecture room well maintained labs & library possessing an array of wide ranging books journals & periodicals. A computer room with internet facility has been provided for the students.
WHY AMBIKA INSTITUTE OF NURSING?
- Nominal fees for different courses.
- Excellent faculty members.
- Best infrastructure with well-equipped classrooms, labs and library.
- Best clinical experience at the bed sides.
- All co-curricular activities.
- Computers facilities.
- Individual attention to students.
- Extensive teaching with modern techniques.
- Enhancement of knowledge and skills of students through formal and informal interaction with faculty members.
- Indicates dynamism and innovation among the students.
- Vast experience of different field of nursing.
- Highly job oriented courses national wide as well as world-wide.
- Leading educational institute that exceled knowledge and practical experiences over years.
- To provide knowledge and skills in holistic nursing care based on nursing process, in the hospital and community.
- To demonstrate competency in the skills and techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles of physical, biophysical and behavior sciences.
- To make professionally competent member of health team in meeting the promotive, preventive and restorative healthy needs of the society.
- To teach skills in education, management, inter personal relations and communication.
- To create leadership qualities and decision making abilities to function effectively in various situations.
- To make aware of morals values and believes and the need for continuedlearning for their personal and professional development.
WHY NURSING ?
Nursing is noble profession which has been immortalized by saint women Florence Nightingale and Mother Teresa, who rendered in valuable service to the man kind. There is a drastic increase in the world wide population leading to more suffering if mankind. This necessitated improved and wider medical support through establishment of more number of hospitals and allied industries. The desperate need for nursing made nurses a backbone of the health sector. They play a vital role in the recuperation of patients. Nurse contributes a strong work force within the clinical health care industry. After IT industry, it is the turn of Indian nurses to explore infinite job opportunities abroad. It is estimated that around 1.5 million Indian nurses are required in U.S.A alone follow it by more or less equal number of opportunities in U.K, Australia, New Zealand and European countries. Nursing career offers a wide variety of option in terms of schedules, locations and levels of responsibility. Another major aspect for nurses is high compensation. It has a bright and never ending career, nationally and internationally.